You may need to receive a dental bridge if you have lost permanent teeth and need to fill the space so that your oral health is not impeded. A replacement tooth or teeth fused to two dental crowns makes up the dental bridge, which can anchor to your remaining teeth or to dental implants. Below we offer a list of the advantages of dental bridges and encourage proper care maintain your appliance.
Your oral health can benefit from the following functions of dental bridges:
– Restores original appearance and function of your teeth
– Maintains the facial structure to prevent sagging jaws
– Facilitates clear speech and proper chewing
– Redistributes the bite force evenly across the teeth to prevent wear and tear and jaw issues
– Stops remaining teeth from drifting and disrupting alignment
Dental bridges can endure more than ten years of use thanks to their durability, though it’s important that you show your bridge proper care by maintaining effective daily oral hygiene habits. In addition to brushing and flossing your teeth every day to prevent gum disease and cavities, visit the dentist regularly for dental cleanings and exams. This ensures that the teeth supporting your bridge are in great shape.
Contact Bishop Family Dental at 801-274-2500 today if you would like to ask our dentist, Dr. Daniel Bishop, more about dental bridges in Salt Lake City, Utah.