A good first impression is the goal of everyone. If you are self-conscious of your crooked smile Invisalign® is the best option to fit into your lifestyle. With aligners that are completely clear, no one can tell you are correcting your smile. Your smile will start to look better and better as the aligners move your teeth into position. Both teens and adults trust Dr. Bishop as their Salt Lake City Invisalign® Dentist to achieve their smile goals in a comfortable & convenient manner.
Because the aligners need to be worn for 22 hours a day they are made of a Thermoplastic Material which is strong, flexible and comfortable. Impressions of your teeth are sent to a lab to be created so that every two weeks you are able to change your aligner to slowly move your teeth one targeted area at a time. At times, you may need more attention put towards a single tooth or multiple teeth. In that case, you will need to wear an attachment which is a clear bump or an indent ridge that will grip your aligner to keep it in the specific place. Over a period of months, you should have perfectly straight teeth.
Why choose Invisalign® over Regular Braces
· You can smile brightly without worry due to the clear aligners.
· They are only worn for 22 hours a day so you don’t have to interrupt your lifestyle.
· No tools are needed because you can brush and floss your teeth like normal.
· Teeth are moved in a slow comfortable pace focusing on a few teeth at a time.
· Easy to care for and eliminates for the chance for stains by changing every 2 weeks
· Less treatment time. To keep teeth moving just change the aligner.
· At your consultation, Dr. Bishop will examine and take X-Rays of both your teeth and jaw to determine if Invisalign® is the best straightening method.
· The procedure takes around twelve months. The exact timeframe will depend on your situation, and only Dr. Bishop can tell you how long they will need to be worn.
· Some patients have a slight lisp in the first couple of days, but it will go away once you become used to wearing the aligners.
· Aligners should be removed while playing extracurricular activities, an instrument or singing in the choir. This may delay your treatment time slightly, but it will also make it possible to have fun without worrying about your teeth.
· Not all dentists offer Invisalign®. Dentists must receive special training in order to provide this procedure to patients. Consider this when choosing a Salt Lake City Invisalign® Dentist.
At Bishop Family Dental, we create customized treatment plans that are based on the needs of each patient. We will provide you with all the information you need in order to make an informed decision as to whether or not clear braces are for you.
Helpful Related Links
- American Dental Association (ADA). Glossary of dental terms. 2015
- American Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry® (AACD). Home page. 2015
- WebMD. WebMD’s oral care guide. 2015
Back to top of Invisalign Dentist.